Monday 15 February 2016

EVALUATION QUESTION 5

How did you attract/address your audience?

My product attracts my audience through the ambiguity of the scene. It is open to interpretation on who each character is and what the outcome will be, and this attracts an audience as it creates tension and narrative enigma, as well as being unknown and on the edge of their seats. 
I chose my actors carefully in order to create the right tension and suspense within the film, and therefore attract my audience. Jodie was chosen to play the antagonist as she had the facial features I pictured my character to have, she also had the characteristics and ability to pull off a scary/off putting character which is what I needed in my thriller. Amy was chosen to portray the police women as not only is she a drama student and has excellent acting abilities, she can also change her characteristics to fit into any role and portraying this character was not a challenge for her.  
Many thrillers have age restrictions, this being age 15 and 18 as the content can become extremely psychological to warrent an 18 cetificate. This limits my audience to my thriller as people uhder the age restriction given would not be able to view it legally. I think my thriller is a 15, as it does contain themes related to real life events, however is not psychologically harming enough to require an 18 certificate.
To ensure my audience would enjoy my thriller, I did some secondary research into thriller viewings, I evaluated my feedback and found that younger adults are the most prominant figure that watch the thriller genre. This is because they enjoy the suspense and like the build up of narrative enigma, therefore my thriller is appealing to this age range, and would attract them in the fact it is a new, up to date thriller with new aspiring actors in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment