Thursday 11 February 2016

EVALUATION QUESTION 4

Who would be the audience for your media product?

Thrillers appeal to both male and female audiences and a variety of social classes conventionally through the use of relatable characters and themes within the film. 
 The ideal audience for my media product was to attract people in the age range of 15-25 (young adults) this is because it is a thriller, and would not have an audience of younger children, and would not be watched by people over the age of 40 as it is not of a high standard to make a block buster movie
My audience would be people interested in the thriller genre, and who like to be intrigued and drawn in by the narrative enigma that is built up in the first 3 minutes. Although some films will appeal to niche audiences, I believe that my thriller will appeal to a wide audience of thriller watchers.  My target audience would be interested in technology and modern life, as well as crime aspects, as this links to my thriller which conventionally is influenced by potential real life events

Thrillers usually have an age restriction on movies, this is for viewers over 15 and in some cases 18. This could limit the audience of my thriller. I think my thriller is a 15 age rating, meaning people only 15 and over would be able to view my thriller as the content of the thriller is not suitable for people younger than this age ticket.  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment